Monday, January 11, 2010

Tomorrow.....

It is hard to put into words what I am feeling at this point. I really don't feel the reality of the situation has sunk in, and it most likely won't, until I reach the entrance of Sheridan FDC and am taken into custody.

Unfortunately for me, there is this lingering unknown factor that is quite unsettling and has me on edge. I don't know my level of incarceration. It could be: Medium (the worst case scenario) where you are in cells and locked down for a good portion of each day, Low (not too bad) program orientated, but with slightly more restrictions than the Camp facility, or Camp. Camp is basically your not in cells but long houses with bunks, there is no security fence around the facility, and it is very program orientated. These programs are designed to rehabilitate people into productive members of society, leaving them with some work skills for when they get out.

This unanswered question is just another anomaly I have encountered during my legal process that neither my lawyer, my probation officer, nor an administrator from the BOP SeaTac (Bureau Of Prisons) could tell me why my level of incarceration wasn't specified on my paperwork. Not knowing what lays ahead has been the hardest part of this whole process. Unknown variables have plagued me throughout. The hardest part of it is feeling like you have no control over your future.

It's midnight, I doubt I will sleep. I am due into prison by 2pm tomorrow - I won't walk in until 1:55 pm. My brother is driving me down from Centralia, which is about 2.5 hours from Sheridan, Oregon. My last real meal will be in Portland - I haven't decided where, but probably a steak house.

I won't have anyway to post tomorrow, so most likely this won't be updated for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.