Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Day without Rain

01/21/10



I woke up to a bright light that flooded my cell this morning. Disorientated for a moment, I actually thought that I was home, in my own bed. When I first opened my eyes, I couldn't see anything but bright light. As my eyes focused, I could see the 12' razor wire fence holding a basketball court hostage. Further out, an identical parallel fence line with razor wire filling in the 10' gap, and out in the distance, a circle line from a neigboring field. I knew then right were I was. As I cleared the cobwebs, I realized today is the first day it hasn't rained here in 2 full weeks. Unfortunately, I also learned that we would not get to enjoy outdoor rec., which also meant no commissary today. Again, two devastating blows to my already fragile self, and it was barely 7:30am.



My concern with the rest of the day is staying in bed as much as possible to avoid any potential for infection. My blister wound on my heal dried out so much, it has split wide open. Only having been issued 2 pair of socks, and still having no antibacterial ointment, or any shower shoes - I really have no way to protect myself from the probabilty of infection.



I polished off yet another book and continue to lay in bed. I really wish these beds were comfortable enough to sleep the rest of the day away and get on with tomorrow.



Dinner was exceptionally unappealing so I traded it all for fruit. 1 orange, 1 banana, and 2 apples. Fine by me as they were all perfectly ripe and quite delicious.



I now feel like a kid on Christmas eve. Tomorrow... finally... commissary! It was confirmed by the C.O. on duty, and while that still isn't concrete, I can't help myself but to believe otherwise.



Email is finally up so everything should start being uploaded soon. Within another weeks time, the entries will be posted only a couple days after I write them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.