Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Bad News

01/20/10



So I think I have mentioned before how the C.O.'s switch the release pattern for rec. time and food randomly. However, today we have a new C.O. and this guy doesn't know his head from his ass. He let out a seemingly random amount of people from random cells - no structure at all. To make matters worse, instead of an hour out, we only got 30 minutes. Everyone is confused and pissed to say the least. Another C.O. came by to check on something for him and questioned him about his unusual release. With a boisterous reply he said, 'This is my unit, I will run it how I want!' The other C.O. shook his head and left. Any guesses as to who the newbie is and who the vet is? It is shitty how their inflated egos and obvious lack of common sense will make some of these guys turn into complete dicks. Add to that the fact that they can do almost whatever they want with total disregard to how it affects our temperaments. So far, only one C.O. is looked almost unanimously with respect,simply because he respects us back. He gives no special treatment, but he is consistent day in and day out and doesn't flex his authority on us. He simply knows what it takes to run a smooth operation. We do our part and in turn, he does his.



During lunch, I could feel the warm trickle of blood from my lip. I haven't seen a mirror in days and I knew my lips were chapping, but I had no idea how badly. The air in here is bone dry, even though it rains every damn day. It can dry a soaking wet towel in about an hour. I have only been drinking water, so I know I am not dehydrated whatsoever. I am also feeling the signs of a mild cold sore coming on my upper lip. All this shitty news and delays would be bearable if I didn't have so many physical things going against me. There are two major health factors to be weary of in prison: Staph infections, and a type of flesh eating bacteria that a doctor told me about after learning of my up coming trip. She has seen the results in her patients after coming back from this very facility and others.This facility is really taking a physical toll on me. Commissary just can't come fast enough.



I again received shitty news that commissary won't happen till Friday. I also got word from a friend that I am 17th on the list of transfers to camp. I wasn't around to talk to the coucilor to verify that claim. If it is true, it could be 3 weeks before I get to move. The only relatively sure thing I can count on right now as of today is - 43 weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.