Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Roommate Update

01/18/10



Today was fine in the grand scheme of things. I got my new permanent spot for lunch and dinner, got ahold of people I had yet to contact via phone, polished off yet another book, and filled out my commissary list for purchase tomorrow.



I hear rumours that we won't transfer to camp tomorrow as a large portion of staff are off site getting training. It's still a rumour, but I am thinking it won't happen either.



My celly is moody, I think they need to up his happy pills. While we don't talk much, but for all intents and purposes, I feel we fully understand each other and our routines of sleep and relative solidarity matched up well from the begining. I honestly think his frustration is not knowing when he will be transfered and were his final destination will be. They feds seem to like to have that upper hand and control on you. It fucks with people... hard. He isn't the only one either, for many this is just a layover until the have collected enough inmates going the same direction to fill a bus and send them off. In many cases, the inmates repeatedly go this process for months until they arrive at their final destination. I sympathize with the frustration that builds from this process and feel lucky that again I didn't have to go through the leg of the process and suffer through being transfered from Missoula, MT to Sheridan, OR. Keep in mind your ankles are shackled and your hands cuffed the entire way. Eat, shit, sleep all in shackles for the duration of the trip.



Either way, I give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been cordial and given plenty of advice that has helped. I am sure he will level out and things will go back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.