Friday, January 22, 2010

Poor Sleep

Last night sucked for many reasons. First, my cell is next to the main door for the guards to enter through. When they radio in to unlock it, a loud buzz sounds followed by a bassy latch releasing, then finally by the thunderous slamming of the heavy door. This is repeated multiple times a night and all throughout the morning. Another reason for discomfort is the 2' thick mattress on a steel bed offers little to no comfort. I still don't have a pillow and had to use my second blanket as one which left me shivering all night as it is really cold in here, which turned my cough into a full on cold. Definitely not how I wanted to enter this situation, but obviously I have no choice. The only comfort of last night was a vivid dream I had of doing the most mundane activities in Seattle. I went to QFC for groceries, stopped by Emerald City Smoothie for a drink, and bought a movie from Gruv, then went home. Strange how I could already be missing the little things in life.



I skipped breakfast at 6am because my celly said you get locked back down right after. For lunch rec, I walked a mile (18 laps) around the upper tier of the block. I want to do an average of 3 miles a day if time allows. Lunch food sucked, as to be expected, but it's complain and go hungry, or shut up and eat.



This evening I got my laundry, 2 pair of socks, boxers, shirts, 1 banana yellow jumpsuit to accompany the one I am already wearing and a jacket. Hopefully it is softer than the blanket inplace of a pillow. At least I will be warmer than last night.



I should be able to finish this ridicilous book tonight and move onto something better tomorrow.



GHD