Monday, January 25, 2010

Round 2

01/17/10



Today, lunch is all that is on my mind. Unfortunately, my cell was again opened last, and with the full capacity of this unit, left me with only one place to sit and eat. I feel like I am being thrust into an arena, staring down a rabid bull with mad cow disease who is likely to start rampaging at any minute. I sit down, keeping an ever cautious eye on 'chuckles'. Within minutes his haunting laugh starts quietly and escalates. Even the next table over takes notice and is seemingly put on edge by him. Undaunted, I continue with my spaghetti as it is one of the more decent meals here. Finally finished, and without incident, I stand up and empty my tray.



Dinner: Again I am let out last. No sign of 'chuckles.' 'Perhaps he's not eating,' I foolishly think to myself. I sit at my usual spot across from the disheveled white dude I spoke of earlier, same as it was before the unfortunate transfer of chuckles. I was so focused on my tray I didn't hear him sit down at the table and as I looked up, I felt his stare penetrate right through me. This is by far the most intense stare I have seen from him yet and again accompanied by that laugh. I finished and calmly cleared my tray.



During rec. after dinner, some of my new acquaintances advised me that they would make a spot available to me for lunch tomorrow, and advised that I take them up on the offer. I feel, given their knowledge and experience in identifying these kinds of people, I should and will follow their advice.



Anyway, a new book awaits me. Hopefully I get online tomorrow and get to post all my entries from this past week.

2 comments:

  1. G....I am reading your posts daily and can't stop thinking about what you must be going through...But as much as this may sound hard to do.. keep your head high, don't get caught up in drama, and never let yourself get punked...You are on your way already...
    I am also working on getting a name of a guy that may be in that place with you....Soon...

    Just to let you know Maya is doing great and i can't wait for you to meet her... I'm also not getting any sleep...But still can't compare to your sleepless nights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey look for a guy named Pedro Esparza....He is a Mexian guy that is friends with Gabby's Mom....
    Her name is Coco...

    ReplyDelete

your two cents here.