Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally Some Good News

01/22/10



Oh happy days! Commissary finally came. Even the rain couldn't dampen my spirits today. You see, we have to go outside to the basketball court to a window where a C.O. is stationed and turn in our shopping lists and wait for them to call our names and pick up our loot. I was in the first group of 15 out of the total 124+ to drop off my list. So in turn I got my bounty pretty quick. I got everything I needed: all essential shower items, medicines, eating utensils, and real shoes (they feel like I am walking on clouds)! So for the first time since my arrival, I got to use real soap, shampoo, a real razor, a real toothbrush, real toothpaste and floss! Needless to say, for the first time since my arrival, I feel squeaky clean. When you get here, you only get a sliver of soap, a 3' long toothbrush (which the bristles rapidly fall out of while brushing), toothpaste that doesn't leave you with a minty clean feeling, a razor that will chew your face off, and NO shampoo. Ridiculous. Preposterous. Can't be true, you say? Well I assure you it is.



Life will be a breeze now that I can properly take care of myself. Only thing left to look forward to is my transfer to camp. Otherwise, my email to blog is up and running, I need to send out some visitor forms, and stay very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.