Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fresh Hell

01/19/10



No transfer to camp, no commissary. I feel like I have been punched in the gut... twice. I know better that to expect different, but the odds were 50/50 that one of the two things would happen. Comfort and basic needs met by commissary, and freedom from this constant lock down from the move to camp. Now, nothing and still no email access in sight. Today is a low point. But I have to remember that it could be, at any time, much worse. All this bad news and it isn't even 8am.



The rest of the day went without incident. Entries from the coming weeks until my transfer will likely be the same. I finished yet another book. While entertaining and extremely captivating, it has left me with a wicked head ache as my body refuses to relax in this bed during my reading sessions or during sleep for that matter. Tonight's discomforts are compounded by the constant and relentless screaming from various cells back and forth in Spanish, with the occassional 'Shut the fuck up!' thrown in the mix. While it happens every night to some degree, tonight seems to be more hostile sounding than before. It could also just be the frustration of not having commissary yet - which affects everyone.



Futile as the task seems, I need to try and get some sleep. I predict tomorrow to be a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.