Friday, March 12, 2010

Please do not send any books or magazines to me or email me. You will understand why after reading the following posts. If you wish to write, please snail mail me at this new address:

Geoffrey Dodd #39244-086
Federal Correctional Institution
Unit: Z01-103UAD
PO Box 5000
Sheridan, OR 97378

2nd post:
March 2, 2010
So today was going like any other. It was a decent day, so I played a couple of hours of piccle ball before dinner. I came in for the 4pm census. After they count us, we are free to roam the building: watch tv, check email, play pool, etc. We can't leave the building until they call our unit (unit 5) to 'main line' (dinner).

So as usual, I go to the pool room to kill time. Right after I walked in, it was my turn to challenge the winner. As I began to rack the balls, I asked the losing opponent (my orderly boss) if I could get the three stamps back he asked to borrow weeks ago. He immediately became irate and got right in my face saying he isn't going to pay me and to fuck off. He kept yelling with his Hawaiian accent, "Whadda gon' do brah? Do something, brah!" I said, "over three stamps? I'm not fucking stupid" and I turned my attention back to the pool table. Big mistake. I woke up on the floor with the left side of my face tingling and my ears ringing. I tried to stand up but couldn't keep my balance and fell back down. The assailant, a hot-head nearly toothless douche bag Hawaiian, named Enos, is now standing over me yelling inaudibly. I attempted to stand again, this time using the table to brace myself and get my legs under me, and made my way to the door. Enos cut me off and was blocking my exit with his body. He kept saying, "Where ya goin, brah? Hit me brah." I believe it was then he realized the gravity of his mistake and was trying to bait me into turning his mindless assault into a fight, that we we both get punished. Instead I managed to push past him into the commons area. That's when it all finally sank in...I was just knocked out, over three stamps!!

I went up to my cube, put ice on my jaw and popped two aspirin. Before I knew it, four different Hawaiians came by to check on me. They each said to turn his ass in - fuck the politics of it all. "He is bad news and is making the other Hawaiians look bad with his actions." They reminded me that this attack will get him kicked out of camp permanently. All this from four of his people, whom I had never talked to nor even seen until today. I just wanted to finish icing my face and eat dinner and concluded I would deal with this after eating. Unfortunately, that thought was interrupted by a page to the admin building. I was lightly questioned, taken to medical, then asked to wait in the auditorium.

As I waited, I never could have envisioned what happened net. I was handcuffed and driven over to the S.H.U. (Special Housing Unit) or the hole as it is often called by inmates. I am still shocked at this action against me. I get attacked and now I'm being fucking punished. The SHU is 24 hour lock down, all controlled movement (meaning you never leave your cell without handcuffs), only three showers per week, fed meals in the cell, and one phone call per week (from inside the cell).

I am to understand I could be here up to 90 days while the BOP investigates and makes a decision. My only hope is that people step forward to report what they saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.