Friday, March 12, 2010

March 3, 2010

Sleep eludes me last night. I'm sharing an 8' x 10' cell with one other person. The steel frame bunks here are shorter than the mattress in length. I am taller than the bed length, which probably wouldn't bother me except an awkward cross bar restricts my feet from hanging over the edge and one by my head that I constantly smack against. We are only given a clean change of clothes on shower days. Hence, no way to make a makeshift pillow to achieve some level of comfort. This place makes J--1 seem like a walk in the park.

My celly tells me that first, the Lieutenant will come by to read me the charge and state the evidence to back-up the allegations against me. I should be able to offer my rebuttal at that time. The next step, I will be called into a UDC (Unit Disciplinary Committee) hearing. There, they will discuss in depth the findings of the initial investigation, hear my side, then decide what kind of recommendation to make the DHO (Disciplinary Hearing Officer). Ultimately, the DHO will make the final decision on this matter. This whole process can take months to complete, which is an extremely scary thought. Worst case: I am some how found guilty of fighting and sent to a low or medium facility with a loss of good time. Best case: I go back to camp, being found innocent of any wrong doing, but I still lose. I will lose my job, my prime bed space, and I will fail all three ACE classes. Due to not attending class. It all boils down to this: My fate rests in the witnesses coming forward to state what happened. Otherwise, it comes down to one inmates word vs. another, and I don't know how much clout I carry.

This is the last place I ever thought I would end up, and the most depressed I have ever been. U just don't know what to think anymore...

2 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you so much....Sorry about this..So unfair!! Ian said you sent mails out to people requesting them to be able to communicate with you online...I never got an email or missed it somehow...My mail is goddesstheresa23@hotmail.com...Id like to be apart of that if your still doing this??!!..I tried to do it online myself but am an idiot and couldn't figure it out.I dont have a phone rite now either it broke.so if you have tried to call sorry Ive missed you.for what its worth Im sending huge mama hugs!! Big huge long ones!! your in my meditation daily.Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you cant even read this rite now..But i searched my email for corrlinks and found the mails from back in Jan.I totally missed them..:(the codes are too old to set up now..When you are able and if you are still using corrlinks.Please send me another request.Im so sorry i missed this and I know i missed at least 2 calls a few months back too.Sending so much energy your way.I hope you can feel it somehow. zap.Love.

    ReplyDelete

your two cents here.