Friday, March 5, 2010

2/26/10

Classes this week went well. I still feel behind in Ancient Civilizations because the teacher covers a different civilization every week. Otherwise, it is a great class, and I am glad I made it in. The History of WWII is simple to jump into late. It too is a great class and we get to watch video, every other week, that accompany the teacher's lecture.



I just wish the Credit Smart was as exciting as it once felt to me. The new teacher is great, but his background is in business finance and there is a separate ACE class for that topic, but I feel like he is pushing that aspect too hard too fast in CS. The original teacher was going to touch on this topic at the end of the ten weeks, talking about how credit effects your ability/inability to get a loan to start a business and some basics on running a business. It was supposed to be a nice segue for those that wanted to attend the business class, which I do want to take next round.



This new teacher is talking to us in terms and abbreviations that make it hard to keep up; as if he thinks we all have already been through business class either here or elsewhere. Myself and a few other voiced our opinions on this to him, and he took it in stride. He promised the focus will go back to the credit reports; reading, understanding, and fixing them. To play devils advocate, I know that the BOP staff quickly put this class back together, and stuck this teacher with the job knowing his background is solely in business. The teacher had 8 days to come up with an all new curriculum and only has 7 more weeks to help us achieve the goals of this class. He is a nice guy who means well and only did this because this Credit Smart class is the largest ACE class that this camp has ever had (70+ people signed up) and didn't want to leave his fellow inmates hangin.



As far as everything else, not much has happened... which is good. I would like to stay in the patterns I have established (sleeping, eating, exercising, studying, etc). While I know that they are easily broken due to the inept BOP staff here, I will relish them while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your two cents here.